Build APIs with Django: Zero to Hero!
Do you want to take your Django skills to the next level and become that professional back-end developer that companies love to hire? This is exactly the course you need.
In just 6 hours, you’ll go from someone who doesn’t know what an API is to someone who can confidently design and build APIs with Django REST Framework.
This is a comprehensive, in-depth, step-by-step course that teaches you the whats, whys, and hows of Django. It covers everything you need to build APIs using a real e-commerce project.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained a deep understanding of the concepts and tools needed to build RESTful API with Python.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to…
• Design and build RESTful APIs with confidence
• Understand the inner workings of Django REST Framework
• Understand and troubleshoot issues like a pro
• Get ready to learn more advanced Django concepts
What you’ll learn
This course is the second part of a series. The first part covers the fundamentals of building websites with Python and Django. In this part, you’ll learn:
• Fundamentals of RESTful APIs
• Working with class-based views
• Creating serializers
• Using mixins and generic views
• Generating routes with routers
• Filtering, searching, sorting, and pagination
• Django authentication system
• Creating custom User models
• Securing APIs with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
• Using signals to decouple apps
• Troubleshooting common errors
• Applying best practices
• And much, much more!